BabbleLabs is a speech technology Silicon Valley startup - a brilliant group with deep experience and singular focus on solving hard and important problems, to benefit users and wider society. BabbleLabs focuses on creating software to improve speech quality, accuracy, and personalization in voice applications through the combination of neural networks, digital signal processing, and speech science. BabbleLabs’ Clear Cloud and Clear Edge products provide speech enhancement in the cloud and in embedded edge devices for business-critical communication segments such as smartphones, business conferencing, customer service, field communication, and public safety. Our current focus is on noise reduction and command recognition. BabbleLabs has been recognized as a leading startup in the emerging field of noise-robust speech science by Red Herring and other tech industry leaders. We are looking for a Product Lead Directors (Sr. Managers) for different vertical markets. We want talent that wants to make a difference in the marketplace.
Led by a team of world-class experts in Deep Neural Networks (DNN), speech, embedded systems, mass customization, and technology licensing for hyper-volume systems, BabbleLabs is innovating products through the powerful combination of speech science, deep learning, and computational processing. We currently have the world’s best production speech enhancement tool and there are many markets we can penetrate with your help!
Product Lead Director/Sr. Manager
This role will Report to VP Marketing and Sales with heavy interaction with CEO and the exec staff
- Daily collaboration with VP Marketing and technical staff related to the specific product area (likely one of smartphone, command, conference call); leading to direct interface with sales and technical marketing team members.
- Occasional hiring & work in conjunction with outside consultants
- Not expected to have direct reports, initially; may be required to have a small number of direct reports (2-5) within 2 years
Deliverables: (depending on the area, the deliverables will be slightly different):
- Create/modify existing go to market plans including pricing, collateral, channel strategy, target Customer segments and Customer revenue targets. Align plan and with relevant exec, technical and sales staff.
- Implement that plan
- Create and align product and solution roadmaps, with aligned company strategic value, business goals and competitive differentiation
- Independently call on and get interviews with prospective Customers, Partners, other relevant industry people (eg market analysts) to gather information for above plans and coordinate meetings with relevant BabbleLabs personnel
- 5-15 years marketing experience including components of product and strategic marketing, product business development experience in software for a relevant industry to smartphone, IoT/semiconductor, conference calling
- Experience in a startup for 3+ years with meaningful, describable outcomes of product introduction.
- Ideal: either:
- Experience with brand new, innovative, and perhaps missionary-sell products to market before several times at a startup and enjoys the rigor of this awesome responsibility
- Experience with broad marketing program implementation and a keen interest in learning how to take full ownership of a product line/solution and outcomes
- may or may not have aspirations to manage multiple product lines or direct staff
- Clear English communication capabilities, verbal and written, of both simple and complex topics
Location: Campbell, California